Annoying "zzzttt!" sound whenever pressing the brakes

ahasenack

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have an Ora 03 GT in Brazil (it's the one with the 63kWh battery, I think it's called Pro 400 or something elsewhere), and was wondering if you guys also hear this noise.

Basically whenever the brakes are pressed, in one or two seconds an electric "zzzzzztt!" can be heard, quite loud outside the car, not so loud with all windows closed. The car can be parked even.

I'm told by other drivers it's some sort of pump for the brakes. Do you guys also hear this, and is it frequent? I was wondering if perhaps I don't have a leak somewhere, that would trigger this pump more frequently than otherwise necessary.

I think EVs need a pump for the brakes because there is no engine to create a vacuum in the master cylinder.

Probably that. And all cars with electric handbrakes make a similar noise.

I think EVs need a pump for the brakes because there is no engine to create a vacuum in the master cylinder.
Yes, it's what I was told by the dealership.

Probably that. And all cars with electric handbrakes make a similar noise.

That's exactly what I would like to know from other owners here. Is this the same level of noise you get?

Ahh sorry, yes its the vacuum pump for the servo assist then. If you try pumping the brakes with the ignition off then turn it on you should hear the pump actuate to the required vacuuum.

Latest posts

Back