maylandmale

Reaction score
Driving
CAT Starry Black
On an Easter holiday to Norfolk, I sceduled the first stop an the GridServe Norwich, only to be told that all the fast chargers were 350 Kw, the GWM Ora does not accept that, so was told to use the 22Kw one, but there was a 50Kw one up the road at a McDonalds if we were in a hurry. Put a small amout in, whilst haveing lunch and them proceeded to a BP service station only to find both were out of order, there was 2 round the corner at Acle's Co-Op, one was being used and the other one did not work. We then made a last attemp at Gt Yarmouth Tesco's, which was vacant and working Plugged in at 13.33 hrs at 12% did some shopping and charged up to 83%, on checking it cost £19.84p. This completely spoilt the weekend away.

You have every right to plug in at a 350kw charger if you want to. The car will take what it can. You should have plugged in at Gridserve Norwich. Who told you to go elsewhere?

You have every right to plug in at a 350kw charger if you want to. The car will take what it can. You should have plugged in at Gridserve Norwich. Who told you to go elsewhere?
I did plug in at Gridserve Norwich, the car refused to accept the charge, an attendant then told me the Ora's software was not capable of taking 350Kw, they knew about the problem. Braintree's Gridserve have 150kw chargers and the Ora has no problem there in charging. I have been told that the software needs updating.
I have no problems charging at any station as long as its not over 150Kw.

I guess that’s a ‘feature’ of being an early adopter. The same kind of thing happened when MG introduced the ZS EV to the UK back in 2019. The bugs get ironed out eventually, but you do need to report it to the dealer and maybe to Ora UK as well.
Generally speaking, the louder the fuss that is made about an issue the quicker it is resolved.

I guess that’s a ‘feature’ of being an early adopter. The same kind of thing happened when MG introduced the ZS EV to the UK back in 2019. The bugs get ironed out eventually, but you do need to report it to the dealer and maybe to Ora UK as well.
Generally speaking, the louder the fuss that is made about an issue the quicker it is resolved.
Yes your right, my last car an MG ZS EV had same problem, it did not improve, but I could charge at the Braintree Gridserve on their 150Kw, I don't know why Norwich Gridserve thought it best to have only 350Kw as their fast chargers with a few 22KW. Ohh and loads of Tesla ones.

Latest posts

Back