If Charging Plug gets stuck or wont insert.. info here

Lez60

Standard Member
Solutions
Reaction score
Driving
CAT Aurora Green
I thought this may be of interest...from a Facebook post. Its also been suggested to lightly coat the locking pin with Silicon grease. Also, unlocking, locking, then unlocking again via keyfob usually works too.
ora_Cat_Locking_Pin.JPG

I’ve had to use the manual release cable four times and it felt quite tight, so I’ll give this a go, does anyone know if silicone grease is the same as WD40, just worried about spraying that near an electrical socket for fear of starting a fire?

I thought this may be of interest...from a Facebook post. Its also been suggested to lightly coat the locking pin with Silicon grease. Also, unlocking, locking, then unlocking again via keyfob usually works too.View attachment 125
You have just saved my bacon... I was getting ready to try and snap it off with a screwdriver.. Excellent post

You have just saved my bacon... I was getting ready to try and snap it off with a screwdriver.. Excellent post
I have found that the only way to release the gun is to unlock, lock and unlock again. The instruction manual mentions unlocking the driver’s door but that has not worked for me.

We found that being sure the charger is 1. flashing red or 2. turned off completely …. is the way the lock releases and then you can easily pull it out.
I guess this is a safety step as some ppl reported getting an arc of electricity when pulling out the plug (if able to) and I presume it was green or blue flashing, which means it is on.
I stumbled upon this remedy the first time by turning off the circuit breaker for the charger. Then when I went to unplug it, I nearly fell over backwards.
So the next time it happened, next charge, I decided to turn it off via the emergency reset (red) button underneath the right hand bottom corner of the charger. Once depressed the red light on the charger was flashing and the plug pulled out easily. I then left it depressed and slow flashing red until the next time I plugged it into the Ora, that’s when I turned it to unlock it and repowered the charger.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting this. Really helpful. For the first time today I couldn't connect my charging gun because the pin was stuck. Saved me a lot of angst & good to know for the future 🙂👍

谢谢 好人一生平安

just save my day!

Thank you so much!!!

I’ve had to use the manual release cable four times and it felt quite tight, so I’ll give this a go, does anyone know if silicone grease is the same as WD40, just worried about spraying that near an electrical socket for fear of starting a fire?
I would not use WD-40 on plastic. It will eat into some types of plastic. Had a can burst in my dining room years ago and the carpet had a big hole in it afterwards.

Back