Problem with my ORA 03 going in to turtle mode and then stopping

newdriverfunkyora

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
CAT Mars Red
I have an issue with my Ora, it's already second time it happened within 2 months, the car goes into turtle mode and it completely stops in the middle of the road. First time it happened on M1, took it to Bolton service and they said that it needs a software update, however it happened again yesterday, in the busiest roundabout in town, while I was driving with my 2 little kids in the back. I could say that I was quite lucky on both occasions we were not harmed , however I am getting really anxious now about driving this vehicle, does anyone know why this happens and how I can avoid this happening again, the lease company would not replace the vehicle ?

Attachments

• 523e986d-f811-4497-8b8d-70273d698044.jpg
    523e986d-f811-4497-8b8d-70273d698044.jpg
    244.7 KB · Views: 71
I have an issue with my Ora, it's already second time it happened within 2 months, the car goes into turtle mode and it completely stops in the middle of the road. First time it happened on M1, took it to Bolton service and they said that it needs a software update, however it happened again yesterday, in the busiest roundabout in town, while I was driving with my 2 little kids in the back. I could say that I was quite lucky on both occasions we were not harmed , however I am getting really anxious now about driving this vehicle, does anyone know why this happens and how I can avoid this happening again, the lease company would not replace the vehicle ?
This is very unusual. It needs booking into the dealer for a diagnostic check.

Did they do the software update?

I had this issue and I required a software update to fix it.

Turtle (or Tortoise) Mode is down to the electric motor overheating and the motor needs cooling. In normal operations, the coolant system does this.

However according to the manual the motor would only generally overheat either climbing a steep incline or thrashing it on the motorway. I was doing neither of those things.

I read on the web that there may be a software issue where when the motor overheats, the coolant doesn’t do the job. I had the AA do a diagnostic and then my dealer to apply the software fix.

The Yellow Turtle

Updating the Funky

Same thing happened to us twice in a month, dealer said there were 3 software recalls and an update, had them done so just waiting to see if it has sorted it🤷🏻‍♂️

Did they do the software update?

I had this issue and I required a software update to fix it.

Turtle (or Tortoise) Mode is down to the electric motor overheating and the motor needs cooling. In normal operations, the coolant system does this.

However according to the manual the motor would only generally overheat either climbing a steep incline or thrashing it on the motorway. I was doing neither of those things.

I read on the web that there may be a software issue where when the motor overheats, the coolant doesn’t do the job. I had the AA do a diagnostic and then my dealer to apply the software fix.

The Yellow Turtle

Updating the Funky
Just to note that since I had the update six months ago, I have not had a repeat of the issue.

This happened to me twice, then to the mechanic who was trying to fix it. They had a to replace a part that lies under the coolant tank, and had to empty the tank to do so, which meant waiting on new coolant ( specific to the Ora Funky Cat) arriving from Germany. It took weeks to get this completed. Meantime they replaced my car ( as it was less than thirty days since I had purchased it). tHis has not happened again, and I've had this vehicle for 8 months.

Back