What range is your car reporting on full charge?

the dude abides

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
CAT Starry Black
What range are people seeing when their funky cat, (or whatever they are calling it this week) is fully charged? Mine says 143 miles and it’s definitely 100% charged. I thought this was supposed to be nearer 180 ish?
Mines only 2 weeks old and I did do a few launch control starts and I am driving at 70mph on the motorway 3 days a week. Has this negatively affected the range?

The range on the screen is calculated by the car based on your most recent driving styles. Launching it and motorway driving will reduce the range shown. Pottering around town will increase it. Cold weather will reduce the range as well. It isn't an exact science and keeping an eye on battery percentage is another way to see how far you can go.

Upvote 0
A 100% charge will show 185 miles. An 80% charge will show 149 miles but generally the car is only used for short journeys. I usually only charge to 80%.

Upvote 0
Today I am seeing 141.

Earlier this week it was 147.

Last week it was 157.

Earlier in the month it was 175.

Main differences are the external temperature, which impacts battery performance, and having the heater on, well it is cold. Motorway driving also reduces the predicted range.

In September I was getting 185 miles range.

Upvote 0
Today I am seeing 141.

Earlier this week it was 147.

Last week it was 157.

Earlier in the month it was 175.

Main differences are the external temperature, which impacts battery performance, and having the heater on, well it is cold. Motorway driving also reduces the predicted range.

In September I was getting 185 miles range.
Interesting the days after getting 141 range, the next day, which was colder than the day before, I got a predicted range of 168 miles on 100%.

I can't keep up... ;-)

Upvote 0
228 km (141 miles) in northern parts of south Sweden, with outside temp between -5 and -10 celsius
I charged mine last night (+4 C temp outside) fully charged this moring showing 111 miles, spoke to dealer and it depends on the last 200 miles, 36 miles a day in Normal mode on back lanes.

Upvote 0
Is there any way of getting the car to go back to full charge of 190 miles? Mine has decided to [full] charge to 182 miles only.

Upvote 0
It's perfectly normal for cars to have significantly reduced range when it's colder. Especially if you are doing short trips where the battery is having to warm you (and perhaps itself) up to a decent temperature just as you arrive and switch off. Then the predicted range will be a lot lower.
Do not regularly charge it to 100%. Only ever do that if you need that range for a long journey or if you want to equalise your battery.
Charging to full on a home charger will (from various sources I have read) give the battery management system the chance to, once charged to full, then equalise the voltages in the battery cells.

Upvote 0
Ours was reporting 192 when new, now reports 140 ish but ive put that down to the cold weather. I tend to charge to full once a week when the battery gets to about 1/4.

Upvote 0
Tuesday, 100% charge resulted in reported range of 182 miles

Today, 100% charge resulted in reported range of 169 miles

Upvote 0
Was 310km new, now 306km after ~ 5200km driven and a full charge of course. Temperature not an issue, in QLD Australia. It's summer and warm to extra warm.

Not sure why, but dropped from 310km to 306km after doing the safety recall. So maybe needs a recalibration, or did one in that process.

Upvote 0
Back