Letter "i" in a Yellow square box ?

Lez60

Standard Member
Solutions
Reaction score
Driving
CAT Aurora Green
Just had the latest Software Update and Granny Cable fix. All good, evertrhing working OK...but now, after about three miles driving, a yellow letter " i " in a square box lights in the drivers dispaly, to the keft of Driving Mode. Any clues folks ? see pic.
Ora_Letter_i.jpg

Minor warning message light

When this is illuminated, it indicates that the vehicle currently has one or more minor warning messages.

Minor warning messages are automatically hidden af- ter the instruments panel displays them for a few seconds. All the current warning messages in the vehicle can be viewed in the instruments panel warning messages screen.

Touch the messages button (envelope) to switch to the message centre screen to view received messages.

Attachments

• 1706699632090.png
    1706699632090.png
    10.1 KB · Views: 66
Upvote 0
I had that the other night but I've not had any software updates at all yet. I ignored it and when I got back into the car it didn't come back.

Upvote 0
Minor warning message light

When this is illuminated, it indicates that the vehicle currently has one or more minor warning messages.

Minor warning messages are automatically hidden af- ter the instruments panel displays them for a few seconds. All the current warning messages in the vehicle can be viewed in the instruments panel warning messages screen.

Touch the messages button (envelope) to switch to the message centre screen to view received messages.
Thanks, but if I click the Message icon, nothing happens ? How do I access Messages ?

Upvote 0
Try pressing the "ok" button in the steering wheel for a few seconds, you should enter a different menu which has a warning history.

Upvote 0
Try pressing the "ok" button in the steering wheel for a few seconds, you should enter a different menu which has a warning history.
Excellent tip...that worked. Showing "Low 12 Battery" , only happened since Dealer visit. Will contact them, thanks.

Upvote 0
Thanks, but if I click the Message icon, nothing happens ? How do I access Messages ?
Update...managed to access Messages by the Voice Command, "Show Message Centre". This only brought up a message about Deezer no longer working.

Upvote 0
Excellent tip...that worked. Showing "Low 12 Battery" , only happened since Dealer visit. Will contact them, thanks.
The 12v battery can be charged with a standard car charger. It may be advisable to charge it if you are only making short journeys.

Upvote 0
The 12v battery can be charged with a standard car charger. It may be advisable to charge it if you are only making short journeys.
Just done two 80 mile roundtrips, and Voltage is showing normal, so its a mystery.

Upvote 0
I often have the Low 12v Battery message and the car goes into some sort of power saving mode (courtesy lights don't come on, follow me home lights don't come on etc).

Upvote 0
Update...booked in for fixing yesterday. I was told it had been fixed. The fault was exactly the same on the drive home ! It comes on after about 5 miles. Its been booked in again for 29th of March, to be tested over several days.

Upvote 0
I had mine updated today due I got problems at some chargers. They said it was a couple updates that have been done. On the way from the shop I got the error and info said that 12V is low. Called the shop and the &(kr;@& idiot told he that I had to charge the 12V as it need fresh charge from time to time. I have 110km drive every day and has never ever had to charge the 12v battery if nothing was wrong. And he assured me nothing was wrong bu it needed some fresh juice 😂😂😂
I parked at work and when I left at the end of work it was no more error. Will see if I get any more errors coming days.

Upvote 0
I had mine updated today due I got problems at some chargers. They said it was a couple updates that have been done. On the way from the shop I got the error and info said that 12V is low. Called the shop and the &(kr;@& idiot told he that I had to charge the 12V as it need fresh charge from time to time. I have 110km drive every day and has never ever had to charge the 12v battery if nothing was wrong. And he assured me nothing was wrong bu it needed some fresh juice 😂😂😂
I parked at work and when I left at the end of work it was no more error. Will see if I get any more errors coming days.
Ours is still showing error light, but it only comes on after 3 miles driving. If you stop and switch off, then start again, it resets...but comes back every time after 3 miles. Infuriating, because it disables Climate Control, and knocks the heating down to almost freezing. Its going back in on 28th March for several days testing, and I am NOT accepting it back till its fixed !

Upvote 0
Ours is still showing error light, but it only comes on after 3 miles driving. If you stop and switch off, then start again, it resets...but comes back every time after 3 miles. Infuriating, because it disables Climate Control, and knocks the heating down to almost freezing. Its going back in on 28th March for several days testing, and I am NOT accepting it back till its fixed !
Quite right, if they can't fix it don't accespt it back.

Upvote 0
Is your phone connected via bluetooth?? Ive had it a few times where i have unread notifications that when read the "i" clears.

Upvote 0
Ok folks, car went in to Dealers today...third attempt at fixing the "yellow i"....
After doing lots of tests, they declared the Dashcam was causing the fault. I pointed out the Dashcam had been running for months with no problem, PRIOR to the last software update, which is when the problems occurred. Also the error says "low 12volt battery", which it clearly is not...car sits at 14.4volts when running, and never below 13 volts when off.
Ora themselves told the Dealer "oh, its harmless" !!! No answer, no fix. In reality, the "low 12volt" warning disables climate control, drops heating to non-existent, disables rear demister, disables interior lights....etc etc
I reluctantly took the car back. As a test, I disconnected just the Rear facing dashcam, leaving main cam working...that has fixed the issue.
I can only think the recent Update has made the electrical sensors much more sensitive to extra current draw, a bit like in a fuel car with a Canbus system.
Hope this helps anyone having this "harmless" issue.

Upvote 0

Latest posts

Back