Network connection

ProfTiss

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
CAT Mars Red
I'm really struggling to get the app to work with the car which is I think due to the car not connecting to the mobile network. It seems to fade in and out of connection and even when it is showing 3 bars of 3G, I get the error message saying network connection problems. It means I can't use a lot of the features that would be really useful to have. Anyone have any ideas about this?

yep, turning on the heating via the app, before setting off etc seems totally hit and miss. Just learned to accept it and keep retrying. It normally works eventually.
Just checking that your not trying to do anything while the car is plugged into the charger, because none of the features work if the cable is plugged in.
Good luck discovering and learning to accept the annoying features of the car...

yep, turning on the heating via the app, before setting off etc seems totally hit and miss. Just learned to accept it and keep retrying. It normally works eventually.
Just checking that your not trying to do anything while the car is plugged into the charger, because none of the features work if the cable is plugged in.
Good luck discovering and learning to accept the annoying features of the car...
Thanks!
I went on a drive around town to try and find a good connection to whatever mobile data network it uses but still no joy. I then found I could connect it to the personal hotspot on my mobile and this worked! However, I dont think it is connecting at all well to the app - the mileage is now right but the other features aren't working. One thing that might help is the "vehicle location" feature but the app says this needs to be switched on in the car but doesnt tell me where!
Ah well. Tonight I am going to try an charge up over night on cheap rate electricity. If I manage this, it will be a big step forward!

Latest posts

Back