Range!!! (Again) and other Issues?

adamanderson

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
CAT Mars Red
Hi all, hope you are well.

I am thinking of leasing the 03 Pure+, but was worried about the mileage range. There are so many conflicting comments online that im now confused.

Can you please tell me roughly what sort of range you get please? I do a 110 mile round trip once a week, so wanted to ensure the range will suffice and have some left over.

Also, what other issues are you all having?

Any positives you'd like to share?

:)

Hi all, hope you are well.

I am thinking of leasing the 03 Pure+, but was worried about the mileage range. There are so many conflicting comments online that im now confused.

Can you please tell me roughly what sort of range you get please? I do a 110 mile round trip once a week, so wanted to ensure the range will suffice and have some left over.

Also, what other issues are you all having?

Any positives you'd like to share?

:)
I'd check you can get insurance first.....

It's the name change that has done it. Many insurers haven't got it on their books and the rest are quoting silly money. There's another post on here all about it - check it out.

Aside from the insurance,

Whats everyone's experience with the car, with range etc?

Whats everyone's experience with the car, with range etc?

I have the First Edition the reported range for my model is 193, but real life driving shows that is optimistic. In the summer I was getting 170-185 at a 100% charge, in colder weather it is about 155-165.

I find that the predicted range is quite accurate.

The 03 Pure+ has the same mechanical underpinnings as the First Edition with the reported 193 mile range.

If you have to travel 110 miles and have a full charge this should be fine.

I have travelled long distances in my car to York and Norwich (500 mile round trips from the South West) and the car was excellent. Yes I had to stop twice to charge, but the fast chargers worked a treat and by the time I had a cup of coffee I was charged and ready to go again.

I have the First Edition the reported range for my model is 193, but real life driving shows that is optimistic. In the summer I was getting 170-185 at a 100% charge, in colder weather it is about 155-165.

I find that the predicted range is quite accurate.

The 03 Pure+ has the same mechanical underpinnings as the First Edition with the reported 193 mile range.

If you have to travel 110 miles and have a full charge this should be fine.

I have travelled long distances in my car to York and Norwich (500 mile round trips from the South West) and the car was excellent. Yes I had to stop twice to charge, but the fast chargers worked a treat and by the time I had a cup of coffee I was charged and ready to go again.
Is this mostly motorway miles as well?

If anyone else is viewing this, aside from the insurance, what are their opinions on the Funky Cat / ORA 03 if they have one etc :)

We have the Ora funky cat with 63kwh battery.
And have during the Swedish winter I got 250-350 km range. Some day with under -20C and snowy weather we landed on 200km that is special case:).
But during the autumn it was no problem to get 380-400km.
But this is on 70-100km/h.
100-130km/h we loosen some range ;)
The specs is 420km and we are near that with +15C and under 100km/h speeds.

Summer temperatures we were getting a consistent 180-185 miles range . Recent low temps, 154 miles range. The readout has been accurate for us. Driving a mix of gentle Town driving, and some Motorway runs at 65-70 mph.
Much more annoying is the yellow warning light "low 12v battery" (which it isnt), which occurred after the recent Dealer software "fix" ( !! ). The fault light turns off cab heating among other things. It appears like clockwork after 4 miles driving.
Its going back to Dealer, again, 28th march, so they can keep it and test drive it for a few days.
I still love the car despite the above...we bought in Jan 2023, one of the first ten cars sold in the UK.

Summer temperatures we were getting a consistent 180-185 miles range . Recent low temps, 154 miles range. The readout has been accurate for us. Driving a mix of gentle Town driving, and some Motorway runs at 65-70 mph.
Much more annoying is the yellow warning light "low 12v battery" (which it isnt), which occurred after the recent Dealer software "fix" ( !! ). The fault light turns off cab heating among other things. It appears like clockwork after 4 miles driving.
Its going back to Dealer, again, 28th march, so they can keep it and test drive it for a few days.
I still love the car despite the above...we bought in Jan 2023, one of the first ten cars sold in the UK.

Thanks for this.

Any experience with just motorway driving and its range?

That's very annoying regarding the warning light! Why is it such a long wait for the dealership?

Thanks for this.

Any experience with just motorway driving and its range?

That's very annoying regarding the warning light! Why is it such a long wait for the dealership?
Motorway driving...we drive maybe twice a month all Motorway, 100 mile round trip. I keep between 65 and 70mph, with fairly gentle acceleration when overtaking. Range is still pretty much accurate to the dashboard "guessometer", ie, mile for mile pretty much the same as it reports.
Warning light...its been in for a "fix", which they said they had sorted. Also said they had taken it for a Test Drive to check...but obviously have on lt driven it round the block, which isnt long enough for the light to come on. When I phoned, next slot avail with a loan Car was 28th March.

Motorway driving...we drive maybe twice a month all Motorway, 100 mile round trip. I keep between 65 and 70mph, with fairly gentle acceleration when overtaking. Range is still pretty much accurate to the dashboard "guessometer", ie, mile for mile pretty much the same as it reports.
Warning light...its been in for a "fix", which they said they had sorted. Also said they had taken it for a Test Drive to check...but obviously have on lt driven it round the block, which isnt long enough for the light to come on. When I phoned, next slot avail with a loan Car was 28th March.
When you drive this 100 mile round trip on the motorway, how much range is left when you return?

Thanks

We have the Ora funky cat with 63kwh battery.
And have during the Swedish winter I got 250-350 km range. Some day with under -20C and snowy weather we landed on 200km that is special case:).
But during the autumn it was no problem to get 380-400km.
But this is on 70-100km/h.
100-130km/h we loosen some range ;)
The specs is 420km and we are near that with +15C and under 100km/h speeds.
How about charging time in cold weather? Not much slower?

Our August 2023 Funky Cat will only charge to 179 miles at a 100% charge or 144 miles on the usual 80% charge. This is somewhat short of the advertised 193 miles. Does anyone know please how to persuade the car to increase the charged range.

Our August 2023 Funky Cat will only charge to 179 miles at a 100% charge or 144 miles on the usual 80% charge. This is somewhat short of the advertised 193 miles. Does anyone know please how to persuade the car to increase the charged range.
The advertised WLTP range of 193 miles is similar to advertised MPG figures for petrol cars. It's not realistic and reflective of normal every day driving.

In real life driving it is generally unachievable, due to driving, heating, hills, etc...

In addition the weather can make a difference to the achievable range.

Today I charged to 100% and had a range of 180 miles.

Two weeks ago (when it was much colder) I charged to 100% and the range was 157 miles.

Latest posts

Back