Setting "Frequently Used"

Gooch

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
CAT Aurora Green
Whenever I start I ALWAYS have to activate One pedal driving and turn OFF Emergency Lane Keeping. To do that takes 8 clicks! How can I store these settings in “Frequently Used”?

short answer....you cant. You'll get used to driving the car as GWM intended, with annoying beeping constantly and no 'one pedal mode', as you really cant be arsed with the hassle of menu navigation prior to setoff.

Upvote 0
The resetting to 'On' of the Lane Keeping every time you start the car is part of the Euro NCAP safety certification in order to help achieve the car's 5 star safety rating. So you are stuck with it. This applies to lots of other cars too, not just Ora, but I agree it is annoying to have to go through menus to do it. The new Jeep Avenger EV has a button on the dash that takes you straight to the Lane Keeping button on the screen. OK it's two clicks and not one but I think some manufacturers are beginning to realise you need to be able to access these safety systems quickly. One thing Ora and other manufacturers could do with a software update is to allow the voice assistant to turn them off: 'Hey Ora - turn off the Lane Keeping' and 'Hey Ora - turn on one pedal driving'. We'll see....

Upvote 0
The resetting to 'On' of the Lane Keeping every time you start the car is part of the Euro NCAP safety certification in order to help achieve the car's 5 star safety rating. So you are stuck with it. This applies to lots of other cars too, not just Ora, but I agree it is annoying to have to go through menus to do it. The new Jeep Avenger EV has a button on the dash that takes you straight to the Lane Keeping button on the screen. OK it's two clicks and not one but I think some manufacturers are beginning to realise you need to be able to access these safety systems quickly. One thing Ora and other manufacturers could do with a software update is to allow the voice assistant to turn them off: 'Hey Ora - turn off the Lane Keeping' and 'Hey Ora - turn on one pedal driving'. We'll see....
Yeah, well, I'll just re-set them every time because a lot of my driving is 100 k's or more. Trouble is, I end up chasing them around the screen once I'm under way (the screen takes ages to open as well) - look out pedestrians, other cars, trees etc. But it's really good to drive a car with so many safety features. (Joke)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back