GWM Ora responds to insurability woes with new battery scheme

James Clay

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
CAT Mars Red
I was under the impression (based on comments on this forum and elsewhere) that the principle problem was that of lack of spares. This lack meant that a car could not be repaired after an accident and so had to be written off. We can only hope that GWM decides to ship adequate spares to alleviate the problem.

I just received an unexpected kick in the unmentionables from LV, they have advised me that they will not be offering renewal due to a "change in the underwriting criteria"!!. I am assuming they are running scared of the ongoing issue with spares availabilty. The net result was that my insurance costs rocketted from £475 to £700. I am a mature driver with no claims or points and full NCB!

I am now beginning to wonder if the too good to miss deal I got on the lease really was too good!

With the continuous glitches with the software the broken promises regarding carplay and the verging on lethal lack of grip in the wet I am seriously considering ending the lease early and suffering the financial hit.

I just received an unexpected kick in the unmentionables from LV, they have advised me that they will not be offering renewal due to a "change in the underwriting criteria"!!. I am assuming they are running scared of the ongoing issue with spares availabilty. The net result was that my insurance costs rocketted from £475 to £700. I am a mature driver with no claims or points and full NCB!

I am now beginning to wonder if the too good to miss deal I got on the lease really was too good!

With the continuous glitches with the software the broken promises regarding carplay and the verging on lethal lack of grip in the wet I am seriously considering ending the lease early and suffering the financial hit.
Well thats me done with Ora just bought a 40000 mile tesla model 3 for 17500 everthing works and my insurance premiums dropped by £200

Latest posts

Back