Need to check with the manufacturer, you can call the GWM ora customer service they will update you regarding that.

Thanks Knabil. So far as I can see this whole cock up has been caused by insurance companies failing to note and update their databases with the new name and details supplied by Ora UK (a division of the importing company based in Solihull) on 15 Jan 2024 by way of entries on the Thatcham database, which, I gather, is the standard method by which manufacturers and importers notify the insurance industry. Ora UK pointed out, in its statement on the problem, that whilst it had supplied details via Thatcham it had no control over insurers searching the data base - or not, as the case may be!

My cheapest quote was £960 with Churchill. It's important to make sure your policy is new for old since dealers can't sell GAP cover.

I may shop around in few months and see if I can get a sane quote and get a partial refund from Churchill.

I turned 50 last month and thought insurance would get cheaper FML.

My cheapest quote was £960 with Churchill. It's important to make sure your policy is new for old since dealers can't sell GAP cover.

I may shop around in few months and see if I can get a sane quote and get a partial refund from Churchill.

I turned 50 last month and thought insurance would get cheaper FML.
Did you try Saga?

Hi all,
Yesterday I picked up a leased 03 Pure+, from te GWM garage, for my wife, which we should have received in March. When I went to insure the vehicle I got the shock of my life, as you all know. Has anybody managed to find any cheaper companies since the last post at all? Thanks in advance.

The 03 is now recognised on the Thatcham insurance database so you should be getting some better quotes ie. less than £600

The 03 is now recognised on the Thatcham insurance database so you should be getting some better quotes ie. less than £600
Hi, thanks for the reply. Unfortunately at this stage I am unable to get anything under £1000.
She has a clean driving licensee and no accidents. Crazy :-(

This was posted a few days ago on one of the FB ORA groups
IMG_7572.jpeg

This is what they quote me today!!

Attachments

• IMG_1061.png
    IMG_1061.png
    357.7 KB · Views: 30
Are these quotes based on the “unknown car” principle (despite the Thatcham d/b entries by ORA UK) or is there a monumental rip off exercise going on? The Guardian reported recently that car insurance premiums had increased by about 33% in the UK but only 2% in France. We insured our Funky Cat last August with Zurich through the AA for just under £600. On the basis of the Guardian report the premium should be about £800 now but I wonder if we will be in for a nasty shock next August.

These are based on ora o3 principle, car is identified by insurance database but the quotes are nasty.

After my post last evening I did a "Compare the Market" exercise to see what sort of a shock I might be in for next August. The results are attached and my £800 estimate was not wide of the mark. Let's hope it stays that way!

Attachments

• Compare the Market - Your results.pdf
    433.1 KB · Views: 36
After my post last evening I did a "Compare the Market" exercise to see what sort of a shock I might be in for next August. The results are attached and my £800 estimate was not wide of the mark. Let's hope it stays that way!
This quote is for funky cat mate not ORA O3

This quote is for funky cat mate not ORA O3
Yes, I know that. The object of my exercise was to get an idea of the premium that I would have to pay next August. I posted the result of my search just by way of nothing in particular. Please ignore my post.

Latest posts

Back