When will we get Apple CarPlay on the ORA CAT?

Thedeamon

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
CAT Aurora Green
Hello, any1 that have news or info regarding Apple CarPlay update.
I talked to my dealer last week and got info that the HQ in Sweden test a new firmware update with CarPlay. Tried to email ORA Sweden about this. They said they wait for manufacturer to release an update. And no more info.

Finally getting delivery of my car next week and was going to ask the same question regarding Apple car play and Android. Have current members with cars had the update yet?

Interestingly I have just seen a YouTube review of an Australian Ora Cat which already had wireless Apple Car Play in it (no mention of Android Auto in the review). So it clearly can be done. They are just taking forever to get round to it....

This is the brochure I downloaded when we got ours in January

Attachments

• P14 Ora Funky Cat Brochure.jpg
    P14 Ora Funky Cat Brochure.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 402
I emailed ORA yesterday and the reply was

" The manufacturer advises that there is no set date for Anroid/Apple car play but it should be soon"

Considering this has been promised for months not holding my breath

I emailed ORA yesterday and the reply was

" The manufacturer advises that there is no set date for Anroid/Apple car play but it should be soon"

Considering this has been promised for months not holding my breath
It's been 'soon' since January

I saw a different Australian YouTube review that said the Cat has wired Apple Car Play.... so it is inconsistent.

Apple Car Pay/Android Auto was promised Spring then Summer then..... goodness knows.

A bit like the long range Cat. Nothing!

Got the Australian ORA. Wired and Wireless Carplay works well. We don't get over the air updates, hello ORA, navigation (but works with Apple Maps/Google/Waze Carplay) and possible a bunch of other things too. So it's not quite the same.

Biggest complaint is it doesn't save driving modes or safety settings. Defaults to Eco+ mode and can't get it to stay in one pedal mode at bootup. Hopefully they fix that.

Not sure if it has Android Auto as I don't have an Android phone.

Carplay looks excellent as the screen is very nice on the ORA.

Finally getting delivery of my car next week and was going to ask the same question regarding Apple car play and Android. Have current members with cars had the update yet?
My car has never received the Apple CarPlay. Had the car since May 2023.

My car has never received the Apple CarPlay. Had the car since May 2023.
I received a “shortly” two weeks ago but they reverted back to soon a week later. 🙈

Attachments

• IMG_6035.jpeg
    IMG_6035.jpeg
    768 KB · Views: 357
And yet if you had an Australian Cat you would already have wireless Car Play and Android Auto, according to online reviews....

Newbie in the UK - We just picked up a First Edition for my girlfriend on Monday: first two issues are...
1. Carplay! - we'd test driven one the week before which had CarPlay working well. Came two pick her car up this week and the dealer had apparently had some problems with a new software update that had knocked CarPlay off completely and hadn't told us until we were trying to pair my GF's phone...

2. DAB - has no stations showing, despite repeatedly trying to get it to rescan.

Any UK owners have CarPlay or DAB working?

Ora (on facebook) just told me that they are still working on Carplay/Android Auto..... and no, there's no date for when they will arrive

Hello, I have a Ora Funky Cat in for review at the moment and I noted the lack of Apple CarPlay. This is what my press contact said:

"So basically, with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto we’re in the final stages of our software launch to customers.

Currently, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto is available on First Edition+ vehicles in a beta version and following a short round of feedback we’ll be releasing the update to all customers

We don’t have an exact time but it won’t be much longer now."

Hope that helps!

Android Autoplay is currently being tested and further information will be available in the weeks to come is the reply I received yesterday. I asked them if, nearly a year on this is acceptable. Their reply is Whilst I can completely appreciate the disappointment in purchasing a vehicle in which one of features is not available, this update will follow shortly. So obviously they think it is.

I asked why Apple / Android Play is available in other territories such as Ireland and their reply is We are in the final stages of our software development process for Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, GWM ORA UK Is taking extra steps to ensure that the software update provides the best possible experience right from the start, which has meant a revision of our previous timeline.

I was at a meeting at GWM Ora this week. Wireless Apple Carplay is rolling out soon. Android Auto is looking like being wired, as they've had some compatibility issues with making wireless AA work without glitches.
You are honestly like a one man Ora Customer Service team!! Really appreciate your input, intelligence and approach to this forum.

Just a shame it has to come from you and not from ORA themselves. Feels like they really let the side down on communications and transparency with after care. Direct info from them about the connectivity ‘saga’ and any other system updates.

Thank you Miles!

You are honestly like a one man Ora Customer Service team!! Really appreciate your input, intelligence and approach to this forum.

Just a shame it has to come from you and not from ORA themselves. Feels like they really let the side down on communications and transparency with after care. Direct info from them about the connectivity ‘saga’ and any other system updates.

Thank you Miles!
I agree. If it was not for Miles I doubt I would have got very far finding an approved repair shop for the damage done to my Cat. ORA UK never replied to my dealer as far as I know. As I repeatedly say, I love the car but the Aftersales is really lacking. The car obviously wasn't ready for market, most shockingly the call to the emergency services in the event of an accident would have sent the emergency services to the wrong location.

New member here but been a lurker for some time, we have a Mars red Cat.

Just wondering if there's any update on the CarPlay?

Latest posts

Back