When will we get Apple CarPlay on the ORA CAT?

My guess is that GWM is not bothered to bring CarPlay to UK cars. I have given up expecting it.

My guess is that GWM is not bothered to bring CarPlay to UK cars. I have given up expecting it.
I doubt they'd do that since the first edition plus has it and other markets do. Im guessing there's been a software issue (I heard someone mentioned about the screens going black). So I imagine they have to be pretty careful.

But I did some research and the Multimedia side of things is outsourced anyway. So not sure tbh.

New member here but been a lurker for some time, we have a Mars red Cat.

Just wondering if there's any update on the CarPlay?
I asked my dealer on Tuesday if they had an update on the CarPlay update, they didn't have an update.

When you do get CarPlay, can say it works pretty well in Australia, wired or wireless. (Wireless gets a bit confused when 2 linked phones are within range, but that's to be expected).

However, we don't get many other things. Hopefully they sort it out. There is no "car" voice control for the car in Australia, but of course Siri works well, so do the microphones in the car picking up siri commands after hitting the button on the steering wheel.

It's pathetic. I understand the release may not have gone to plan but they are not engaging with the current owners. I've even offered to meet with the UK CEO but I didn't even get a response.

I've been in contact with ORA Sweden about Apple carplay and Android auto last week. Their response was the same now as it has been for about a year: It's coming at the end of this quarter.
However this time they referred me to my dealer about having the latest version installed which is "relatively stable".
So I've been booked to get my Ora updated on the 9th of february, hopefully I will feel like a fool when the real update drops for everyone at the end of the quarter and I have to come in again.
But all in all it feels like there's a light at the end of the tunnel.

I've been in contact with ORA Sweden about Apple carplay and Android auto last week. Their response was the same now as it has been for about a year: It's coming at the end of this quarter.
However this time they referred me to my dealer about having the latest version installed which is "relatively stable".
So I've been booked to get my Ora updated on the 9th of february, hopefully I will feel like a fool when the real update drops for everyone at the end of the quarter and I have to come in again.
But all in all it feels like there's a light at the end of the tunnel.
Thanks for the info. We live in hope but I was told that the CarPlay etc update will be delivered over the air. My car is booked in for a software up date next Friday (sparks on disconnection of the charging gun, Gridserve and 13 amp charging cable replacement). I wonder whether Carplay will make an unannounced entrance. I doubt it somehow.

Thanks for the info. We live in hope but I was told that the CarPlay etc update will be delivered over the air. My car is booked in for a software up date next Friday (sparks on disconnection of the charging gun, Gridserve and 13 amp charging cable replacement). I wonder whether Carplay will make an unannounced entrance. I doubt it somehow.
Sadly I wouldn't count on it because I've already been in on the recall/service campaign for those issues and there wasn't any update for the infotainment at all

I fear you may be right I have been fobbed off so many times with "its nearl;y here" that I have given up asking!!!!

I just watched another online video review of the Cat (03) from overseas which mentioned something interesting. The reviewer said his car has got Apple Car Play/Android Auto but does not have the in-built sat nav that the UK cars come with. I wonder if this is where there problem lies? Just a thought.

BTW has anyone bought the Long Range car which Ora said had a 'beta' version of Apple/Android? If so are they there and, if they are, do they work?

I just watched another online video review of the Cat (03) from overseas which mentioned something interesting. The reviewer said his car has got Apple Car Play/Android Auto but does not have the in-built sat nav that the UK cars come with. I wonder if this is where there problem lies? Just a thought.

BTW has anyone bought the Long Range car which Ora said had a 'beta' version of Apple/Android? If so are they there and, if they are, do they work?
GWM ORA is running an advertising campaign on Instagram. I have posted several comments about the lack of Apple and Android. I have not received any reply so I hope that the advertising agency is, at least, reporting my comments back to ORA UK. I do, of course, give the car a ‘like’ each time!

Having written yesterday that I had not had a reply to my comments about the lack of CarPlay on Instagram, today I had the following post by GMW ORA UK in reply:
"Thanks for your comment. We are currently in the final phase of our software testing for wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. Certification is also conducted by third-party entities selected independently by Google and Apple which can have an impact on timings. As soon as we have more information we'll issue a communication across our channels. Thanks for your patience and understanding"
So there we have it; we are, like British Rail, getting there!

Having written yesterday that I had not had a reply to my comments about the lack of CarPlay on Instagram, today I had the following post by GMW ORA UK in reply:
"Thanks for your comment. We are currently in the final phase of our software testing for wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. Certification is also conducted by third-party entities selected independently by Google and Apple which can have an impact on timings. As soon as we have more information we'll issue a communication across our channels. Thanks for your patience and understanding"
So there we have it; we are, like British Rail, getting there!
But still 'It's coming but don't hold your breath...'

It's been coming for more than 12 months
It seems handy that, after all this time, some previously never mentioned 'third party entities' are holding things up!

But I go back to an earlier point: if you live in certain countries outside of the UK it is up and running.....

I could really have done with it the other night. The built in sat nav knew there was a lot of traffic and suggested a route to avoid it. However it did not know about a permanent road closure which I'm sure Google Maps would have done.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2024-01-25 at 22.02.21_4fac5514.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-01-25 at 22.02.21_4fac5514.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 58
The latest (8 Feb 24) on Instagram from ORA UK is much the same recorded earlier in this thread. The software is in the final stages of testing and should be rolled out very soon. The company cannot give a date.

We have carplay in NZ, but waiting for android. If they dont hurry up, will just buy one of these, which runs android and emulates as carplay, so works in my Ora.

Just annoying as they advertise android auto as supported on all new sales in NZ, which is misleading

Carlinkit CarPlay Ai TV Box Plus Android13 Wireless CarPlay Android Auto

Hello, any1 that have news or info regarding Apple CarPlay update.
I talked to my dealer last week and got info that the HQ in Sweden test a new firmware update with CarPlay. Tried to email ORA Sweden about this. They said they wait for manufacturer to release an update. And no more info.
Just received my Ora 03 2024 a week ago, it came with the last software update and it has wireless Android Auto and Apple CarPlay. Your service dealer should have it by now.

Latest posts

Back